Salary: Competitive: £32,035 to £60,863 depending upon experience
Location: University of Edinburgh
As a member of the Edinburgh Research and Innovation (ERI) Business Development Team, you will potentially manage a small group of individuals whilst providing proactive business development support and delivering a professional knowledge exchange and commercialisation (KEC) service to academic staff at the University.
The post holder will have responsibility for supporting business development activities across the University in the field of Physical Sciences.
This is a diverse and challenging role requiring a confident and highly motivated professional with managerial experience and skills in business and industrial engagement, contractual negotiation and conclusion, external relations management, consulting, and an understanding of IP protection and exploitation.
- Proven ability to manage team members
- PhD or good degree in relevant scientific domain
- Demonstrable track record in proactive opportunity generation leading to increased revenue
- Business Development and commercial experience, ideally in both industry and academic organisations in the physical sciences sector
- Demonstrable account and client relationship management experience, including working with partners to jointly deliver customer services
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent influencing skills and demonstrable ability to successfully network with both academia and industry
- Experienced in reviewing and negotiating contracts and managing projects to deliver commercial and translational end points
- Knowledge and experience of intellectual property protection and exploitation
- Experience of HEI sector and understanding of universities as complex public sector organisations
- Experience of working in KEC sector
- Business or marketing qualification
Informal enquiries may be made to Dr Keith Finlayson (Keith.Finlayson@ed.ac.uk), Head of Industrial Commercialisation and Business Development.
Salary: Competitive package, depending upon experience, including bonus scheme. The indicative salary range (grades 7-9) will be from £32,035 to £60,863 depending upon experience.
Interview date: 30th May 2017.
For more information and to apply, please click on this link to visit the University of Edinburgh’s website.